A seller on ebay recently put up licensing kits; essentially a folder filled with line art, color art, and instructions on how to use the Air Raiders logo, toys, packaging and more. I ended up winning the second auction so I hope to have a better breakdown of the items inside, but for now, here’s the seller’s pictures of some of the contents and a few quick thoughts.
- The folder has a pop-up art interior! The Twin Lightning is separate from the Hawkwind background.
- The Twin Lightning/Hawkwind art itself is fantastic as it’s a piece I’ve never seen before in color. I came across some line art but I didn’t know this existed.
- There appears to be line art and colored line art for each vehicle, soldier squad, and possible the main characters. The art was most likely done by Richard Marcej (see here).
- There’s a compilation of the art used for the packaging. I’m curious if the Outpost or Man-O-War is in there too.
- And finally there’s a variety of Air Raider logos, legal info and even art for a hangtag!